Through it’s Community Fund grant program, the Parksville Qualicum Community Foundation supports initiatives designed to improve the quality of life for residents within District #69.
Community Fund grants are made to organizations that are registered as Charities with Canada Customs and Revenue Agency, or to organizations that are sponsored by a registered charity.
Organizations/groups seeking funds must demonstrate that they have a strong and committed group of volunteers and an effective management of resources. Preference is given to projects that:
- Promote volunteer participation
- Do not duplicate services provided by other organizations
- Promote youth activities
- Promote cooperation between groups
- Enhance community self-sufficiency
- Build on current community strengths to meet locally identified needs
- Innovative activities that might not happen without the Foundation’s support
Grants are awarded on an annual basis in May.
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED: February 17 – March 30, 2020
ELIGIBLE AREAS: Deep Bay to Nanoose Bay, inclusive of Errington and Coombs.