Eligible Communities within District #69
District #69 encompasses the area of the east coast of Vancouver Island stretching from the Lantzville overpass northeast along the coast to Cook Creek and southeast to Cameron Lake. It includes the communities of Nanoose, Errington, Parksville, Qualicum Beach, Coombs, Whiskey Creek, Qualicum Bay, Bowser, Dashwood, Horne Lake, Deep Bay and Lasqueti Island.
Deadline for applications in any calendar year is March 31st, or the last weekday of March.
Grants are made to organizations that are registered as a charity with the Canada Customs and Revenue Agency or to organizations that are sponsored by a registered charity. Sponsorship will not jeopardize the sponsoring organizations’s own eligibility for grants. Qualifying organizations must have been in operation for at least one year.
All applications are considered on merit and in light of the funds available for distribution. Due to the limited resources of the Community Fund, in general grants are not allocated to the same organization more than twice within a five year period.
Organizations/groups seeking funds must demonstrate that they have a strong and committed group of volunteers and an effective management of resources. Grants are awarded for specific defined purposes and for projects covering a specified period of time.
Preference is given to projects that:
- Promote volunteer participation
- Do not duplicate services provided by other organizations
- Promote youth activities
- Promote cooperation between groups
- Enhance community self-sufficiency
- Build on current community strengths to meet locally identified needs
- Innovative activities that might not happen without the Foundation’s support
The following are not normally eligible for grants:
- Annual fund drives
- Core operating expenses
- Building campaigns, however identifiable components of capital projects may be considered
- Deficit reduction
- Direct religious activities
- Institution’s statutory programs
- Political Activities
- Travel Costs
- Regular staff wages or professional fees
For a grant application form please click here.